Thoughtfulness is at the heart of everything we do, so protecting your data is of tip-top importance to us. That’s why we’ve updated our policies.
When you contact, donate, or become a customer, London Reclaimed may collect some of your data, like your name and address. Here’s some quick examples to help make sense of it.
Why we collect it
- So we can send to and bill you for the wonderful products we make
- So you can get occasional updates on and personalised deals and offers on our products.
- So you can donate to the wider work of the Charity
- So we can update you with occasional news about all we do
When we collect it
- When you make a donation.
- When you order a product.
- When you sign-up for our marketing communications
What we do with it
- We might sometimes share your data with third parties to give you the best service. This could be things such as sharing your delivery address with a courier service so they can get your order to you, or sharing your info with a payment service to prevent and detect fraud.
- This is never done without your permission.
- We might apply for GiftAid on your donation
- We won’t ever use your data in a way that isn’t already outlined in the permissions you’ve given us.
- We take your privacy seriously and we won’t sell your personal data. Ever.
How we look after it
- We use dedicated, secure servers for your personal data provided by state-of-the-art IT providers. These are shrouded in multiple layers of security to keep all your details safe.
- We have clear data retention policies. That means we only keep your data for as long as we need to. You can ask to have your data deleted at any time.
1. Context and Overview
London Reclaimed & its directly owned subsidiaries and trading names – We Are Lumberjack, Goldfinch Furniture and Woodsmen Collective (hereon referred to as London Reclaimed) needs to gather and use certain personal information about individuals.
If you’ve got questions about anything we’ve written here, please get in touch at [email protected] so we can shed some light on it.
2. Our Promise
London Reclaimed is committed to respecting your privacy and ensuring the personal information you have entrusted to us is held securely. We process personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulations 2003. These laws will be updated in May 2018 to strengthen your rights to privacy and give you control over the personal information that organisations hold about you.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulations, the data controller is London Reclaimed (Charity No. 1148279. Company No. 07768745) of 120 Glengall Road, London SE15 6RR. We may from time to time use data processors, who are not employees, agents or otherwise connected with us, with whom we have an agreement to process your data.
Subjects covered in this Policy are:
- How we collect personal information
- The personal information we collect
- Why we collect your personal information
- Where we store your Personal Data
- Credit and debit card payment information
- Marketing permissions
- Who we share your information with
- How long we keep your data
- Your information rights and choices
- Reporting concerns or compliments
- Changes to this privacy notice
3. How We Collect Personal Information
We collect personal information in the following ways:
Directly from you when you:
- Buy one of our Products;
- Make a donation;
- Register for an account on the London Reclaimed website;
- Visit our websit Please see our Cookies section for more information;
- Sign up to become one of our volunteers;
- Sign up on our website to receive updates for one or more of our products or projects;
- Contact us with an enquiry;
- Enter a survey, competition, promotion;
- Apply for a job to join our great tea
From other sources:
- We may use the Royal Mail’s postcode finder, National Change of Address update (NCOA®) or the electoral roll, to check the accuracy of the address we hold;
- Information made available publicly by Charity Commission, Companies House or information that has been published in newspapers and artic Please read more about how we use this information in the Fundraising section.
The personal information we collect:
- Personal identifiers such as your title, name and year of birth;
- Contact details including postal address, post code, email and telephone number;
- Financial information such as your bank details;
- Whether you are a UK tax payer;
- Records of your contact with u
Sensitive personal data:
The Data Protection Act recognises some information as ‘sensitive personal data’. This includes, but is not limited to, information which reveals your religious beliefs, health issues, race or ethnic origin.
We do not knowingly solicit or collect any information about users who may be under the age of 16, and will delete any information provided by such individuals as soon as possible. Please do not provide us with any personal information if you are under the age of 16. While we do allow users under the age of 16 to use our Services, any users under the age of 18 should discuss their use with their parents beforehand.
London Reclaimed will always treat any sensitive personal data we process with the greatest of care and process the information in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
4. Why We Collect Your Personal Information
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and Services that you request from us.
- To process any donations you might make.
- To reclaim tax on Gift Aid donations, if applicable.
- To verify that you are over 18 and if not, obtain permission from your parent/guardian to process your information or accept any regular donation
- To enable us to take greater care when engaging with our older supporte
- When you visit our website, we may gather information about which pages you visit to help us improve and provide you with the best
- To carry out market research and the tracking of sales.
- To administer our Systems and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
- To determine and improve the effectiveness of our website and marketing campaigns and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Systems about goods or services that may interest you or them
- To notify you about changes to our Services
- To organise and coordinate fundraising events
- To enable us to contact you with relevant and the most appropriate information about our work. Please see more details in the Marketing
Permissions section & Fundraising section.
- To manage and coordinate our voluntee
- For compliance with employment law and other statutory requirement
5. Where we store your Personal Data
The data that we collect from you will be transferred to, and stored at, a destination within
the European Economic Area (“EEA”) but may include storage in the cloud outside of the EEA.
It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our
suppliers. This includes staff engaged in, among other things, the fulfillment of your order, the
processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your
personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing, including such transfer storing
or processing in any cloud service. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that
6. Credit and Debit Card Payment Information
When you pay for a Product or make a Donation to us, London Reclaimed ensures that this is done securely and in accordance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard. All credit or debit card details are entered directly into the payment system and never recorded or stored in any of our systems on completion of your transaction.
7. Credit and Debit Card Payment Information
We love sharing news about how your purchase or support is changing the lives of the people and communities we serve. This includes sending you information about our products, work, appeals, campaigns, events, information on volunteering, and other news of specific interest.
Email and text marketing:
We will ask for your permission to contact you by email or text for marketing purposes.
Occasionally we may send you information about our work unless you have told us you would prefer not to receive this information by post. If you have registered with the Mail Preference Service (MPS), we will only send you marketing communication by post if you have given us permission to do so.
We may call to update you on your purchase or the work we are doing. If you have registered your number with the Telephone Preference Service (TPS), we will only make marketing calls to you if you have given us permission to do so.
London Reclaimed is committed to respecting your choice to receive marketing information. You can update your permission and contact preferences at any time by:
- Contacting us by phone or email [contact information available on our website]
- Clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link included in each email communication we send
London Reclaimed delivers vital interventions in the young people and communities we support. Fundraising is essential for London Reclaimed to make a lasting difference in the lives of people in need. To fundraise more efficiently and steward our resources with integrity and excellence, we may sometimes conduct research to gain a better understanding of our supporters. This is very rare and would be used to help us to personalise our funding requests for supporters with the interest and ability to support our interventions. The research may involve compiling information you’ve provided to us with general information from:
Publicly available sources
This may include information found from sources such as Companies House and other information that has been published in articles/newspapers.
You may give permission for your information to be viewed publicly depending on your settings or the privacy policies for social media and messaging services like LinkedIn.
Third party research organisations
We may use third party organisations to research and provide us with general publicly available information about you.
Important note: You can contact us at any time to opt-out of your personal information being processed in this way by phone or email [Contact information available on our website]
9. Who We Share Your Information With
London Reclaimed is a partner with a number of organisations; we are committed to ensuring that our partners have adequate levels of data protection safeguards when processing your personal information.
London Reclaimed NEVER sells information to other charities or organisations.
We may share your personal information with trusted third parties where it is necessary to implement our contract with you or to provide products or services you have requested from us or where they are contracted to develop or maintain our systems.
We monitor information security compliance and have written contracts which obligate our partners or third party providers to process your personal information only on our instructions and in accordance with applicable data protection and privacy laws.
In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, or if London Reclaimed or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
London Reclaimed and any of its affiliate entities may be under duty to disclose your personal information where required in order to comply with any legal obligation.
10. How Long We Keep Your Data For
London Reclaimed will only keep your personal information for as long as it is required and in accordance with statutory requirements. For example, HMRC requires that we keep a record of your name, address and Gift Aid declaration for six years from the date of your last donation. Where the information is no longer required, we will ensure that it is disposed of in a secure manner.
If you have indicated that you do not wish to hear from us in the future, we will keep the minimum information necessary to ensure we avoid contacting you any further.
We will audit our Data Retention on a periodic basis and with a minimum of every two years to determine if we should delete any personal information.
11. Your Information Rights and Choices
The Data Protection Act (DPA) gives you the right:
- To request in writing and securely obtain copies of the personal information London Reclaimed holds about you; we reserve the right to make a small charge for this.
- To correct or update your personal information processed by London Reclaimed.
- To request London Reclaimed to stop using your personal information for marketing purposes or for any other purpose where there is no legal requirement for continued processin
- You have the right to ask us to erase your personal data or not to process your personal data.
The Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR) gives you the right:
- To choose whether or not to receive marketing communication from us by email, text or telephon Please see the Marketing Permissions section for more information about how to change or update your contact permissions and preferences.
- To know about the cookies London Reclaimed uses, so that you can decide whether to give us permission to store a cookie on your d Please see the Cookies section for more information.
For more information about your information rights visit www.ico.org.uk
12. Reporting Concerns or Compliments
Please contact us at [email protected] if you wish to raise a concern about London Reclaimed’s handling of your personal information, or compliment what you think we have done well.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office about how we manage your data.
Here is a brief overview of the types of cookies we may use on the London Reclaimed websites, which consist of four categories:
- CMS cookies – London Reclaimed’s website is created with a CMS (Content Management System), which places a small number of standard cookies on your computer as you use it. Additional cookies will be placed on your computer if you are an editor on one or more of these CMS systems (for example if you are a London Reclaimed staff member or an IT contractor).
- Cookies to improve your experience – We use a small number of cookies on our website to help you get the best experienc For example, we place a cookie on your computer when you first log-in (although log in is not necessary to view or purchase from the website) to save you logging in the future. This cookie is removed when you log out. We may also embed YouTube or Vimeo films on our website. We are unable to prevent these sites, or external domains, from collecting information on your usage of this embedded content. If you are not logged in to these external services then they will not know who you are but are likely to gather anonymous usage information for example, number of views, plays, loads etc.
How to manage your cookie settings
Many web browsers such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Safari, will allow some control over cookies through their settings. To manage your cookie settings, please refer to your browser software. For more information about cookies and how to delete them, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org
Acceptance of cookie use