This policy is updated from time to time. The latest version is published on this page.
If you have any questions about this policy, please email [email protected] or write to: Goldfinch Furniture, Unit 2, 7 Spa Road, London, SE163QP.
What data we gather
We gather and use certain information about individuals in order to provide products and services and to enable certain functions on this website.
We also collect information to better understand how visitors use this website and to present timely, relevant information to them.
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information, such as location, your IP address, postcode, preferences and interests, gender
- Website usage data
- Other information relevant to client enquiries
- Other information pertaining to special offers and surveys
How we use this data
Collecting this data helps us understand what you are looking from the company, enabling us to deliver improved products and services.
Specifically, we may use data:
- For our own internal records.
- To improve the products and services we provide.
- To contact you in response to a specific enquiry.
- To improve the website.
- To send you promotional emails about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you.
- To send you promotional mailings or to call you about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you.
- To contact you via email, telephone or mail for market research reasons.
We collect and store data in cookies which is sent securely to remarketing companies, whose algorithms may determine if you will see advertising related to your browsing on other websites. You are able to opt out of these adverts at any time (more information below).
The cookies themselves do not store any personal identifiable information. Instead, they store a ‘key’ on your computer which then identifies information stored temporarily on our own server. You can disable cookies in your browser to prevent this, however you will not be able to use the primary functionality of this website. You can disable cookies in your browser’s settings. If you are unsure how to do this, follow this link: Disable browser cookies.
- Analyse our web traffic using an analytics package. Aggregated usage data helps us improve the website structure, design, content and functions.
- Identify whether you are signed in to our website. A cookie allows us to check whether you are signed in to the site.
- Test content on our website. For example, 50% of our users might see one piece of content, the other 50% a different piece of content.
- Store information about your preferences. The website can then present you with information you will find more relevant and interesting.
- To recognise when you return to our website. We may show your relevant content, or provide functionality you used previously.
- Monitoring the performance of the Website, our applications and widgets and how you use our Website, applications and widgets.
- Serve targeted advertisements – see Remarketing Services below.
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
Third Party Cookies
- Google Analytics: For statistical purposes. We use Google Analytics to track visitor numbers and behaviour. This service is to help us continually improve our service and does not track any personally identifiable information. If you wish to opt out of this, you should disable cookies in your browser.
- Facebook (set by Facebook only if you are already logged into Facebook when you use our Website).
- Twitter (set by Twitter only if you are already logged into Twitter when you use our Website).
- Pinterest (set by Pinterest only if you are already logged into Pinterest when you use our Website).
- Google+ (set by Google only if youare already logged in to Google when you use our Website).
- New Relic: For the purpose of monitoring and analysing the performance of our applications and metrics from user sessions. You can read more about cookies from New Relic here
- Amplitude: For the purpose of monitoring the traffic on our Website, such as general visitor numbers, conversions, and similar.
- Hotjar: For statistical purposes and behavioural analysis.
After visiting Goldfinch Furniture you may find advertising banners on other websites associated with your browsing history. The technology behind these services are based on cookies. This is a service offered to suggest alternate styles or items which may be of interest to you. This is an anonymous service and no personal or identifiable information is recorded by this advertising method, however if you do not wish to view these type of adverts you can opt out of these services at the following links:
Controlling information about you
When you fill in a form or provide your details on our website, you will see one or more tick boxes allowing you to:
- Opt-in to receive marketing communications from us by email, telephone, text message or post.
- Opt-in to receive marketing communications from our third-party partners by email, telephone, text message or post.
If you have agreed that we can use your information for marketing purposes, you can change your mind easily, via one of these methods:
- Use the unsubscribe link in one of our marketing emails
- Send an email to [email protected]
- Write to us at: Goldfinch Furniture, Unit 2, 7 Spa Road, London, SE163QP
We will never lease, distribute or sell your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or the law requires us to.
Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed under our data protection policy, in line with the Data Protection Act 1998.
We seek to use reasonable organisational, technical and administrative measures to protect your personal information within our organisation and we regularly audit our system for vulnerabilities.
However, since the internet is not a 100% secure environment, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of information you transmit to Goldfinch Furniture. Emails sent via the Website are not encrypted, and we therefore advise you not to include any confidential information in your emails to us.
Links from our site
Our website may contain links to other websites.
Please note that we have no control of websites outside the [domain name] domain. If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its protection and privacy.
Always be wary when submitting data to websites. Read the site’s data protection and privacy policies fully.
Changes to the Policy
We may change this Policy at any time. The date shown at the start of this Policy indicates when it was last revised. Any changes will become effective when we post the revised Policy on the Website. You agree that your continued use of the Website after any posted modifications constitutes your acceptance of the new version of the Policy.